how to choose the right website developer or designer?
Building a website can be an overwhelming and daunting task, even for the most capable business owner. We are all familiar with what a website looks like and generally what it is supposed to do, but there are several hidden layers beyond the front-end design that are essential for a functional website. Behind every well organized, efficient, beautifully designed website there is intricate weave of code, tech, structure, strategy, integrations and even more. Juggling all of these different components can send you into a tailspin if you aren’t sure where to start.
To pile onto the confusion, there are tons of great website resources and platforms out there that tout your perfect website is just a few mouse clicks away. Sounds great, right? When it sounds too good to be true, it often is. Most of these simplified, user friendly platforms fail to provide most businesses with a success-oriented strategy and the ongoing support they need to be the most successful. Users are left to fend for themselves when it comes to website organization, user experience and third-party integrations.
The next option is to work with a website designer…or is it developer? Can’t my graphic designer just do it? The amount of options available is insane and there is often a ton of confusion surrounding the best way to create a website and who to work with.
The tasks, costs, research and time all add up and can leave you feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and ready to give up.
The reality of building a website for your business
Building a website involves a lot of effort, attention to detail and experience to get it done right. You want to start with a strong foundation, one focused on getting your name out there, attracting clients bus also set up properly to support your future growth. You can’t just throw something on the internet and hope it works, you have to think holistically about your website, from start to launch and beyond.
What to expect when you work with a website developer.
Tackling a website build is a lot easier when you have expert professionals in your corner. They know what questions to ask, how to use the information you give them and they have years of experience and insight that contribute to building a successful website. When you take it a step further and work with a team of specialized experts, you get a website that attracts high-paying clients, brings new customers to your inbox and strengthens your brand.
When you work with a team of website experts, like one you’d find in an integrated creative agency, you’ll find yourself working with consummate professionals who can help guide the process and expertly answer your questions. A creative team generally includes a brand expert, graphic designer, website developer, back-end developer, SEO & marketing specialist, copywriter and more, depending on your needs. These experts work closely together to bring their skills and expertise to the table to help you develop a website solution that fits your business like a glove.
how to build a website, step-by-step.
In order to build a successful website you have to start with your goals in mind. Then apply branding, design and integrations to make it your own.
What do you need to build a website?
- Define clear goals for your website now and in the future.
- Work with a brand specialist to develop your brand.
- Create a compelling logo and visual brand identity.
- Find and understand your ideal client.
- Write engaging website copy that connects with your ideal client.
- Develop a strong website foundation (tech stack) and structure.
- Integrate tech that can automate and simplify website maintenance and marketing efforts.
- Think like your client to design a guided user experience that converts (UX/UI).
- Incorporate SEO tactics, keywords and structures to improve ranking and get your content found.
It’s important to carefully consider all of these steps when developing a website for your business. Addressing each step, in detail, will help you create an engaging and impactful website that converts! If you choose to work with an integrated creative team like ours, you don’t have to worry about whether you’ve done each step properly, we will guide you through the process and make sure your website is functional, beautiful and working for you.
choosing a website developer or creative agency
As most business owners and entrepreneurs know, it’s nearly impossible to do everything yourself. If you divide your time between running the business, building a website, managing marketing, creating sales presentations, wrangling employees and serving your clients, you run yourself ragged and can’t perform at your peak. In fact, you’ve probably worked with other professionals and hired employees to assist you in certain areas so that you can go back to focusing on what you’re good at (and probably why you created your business in the first place.) It’s the sensible thing to do. So why not work with a website developer or creative agency to build your website? Not only does it save you time but it can help you save money, too. Working with expert website developers helps you avoid costly mistakes and creates a scalable platform that grows with your business over time.
what are some things you should look for in a creative agency or website developer?
- Stunning, Consistent Design
- A top-quality creative agency will always have pixel-perfect designs and a well thought out portfolio. They will showcase a variety of design styles, tech capabilities and projects. Check out our portfolio as an example.
- If their website doesn’t show off tons of juicy, beautiful images of their work, provide links to live websites they’ve designed or all of their work looks the same, you might want to find a different agency.
- A Dedicated Tech Stack
- Experienced website developers will choose high-quality software, tech and integrations that they use religiously. They’ve found a combination of technology that is proven to work time and time again and most likely has dedicated support.
- If they don’t have a list of tech that they rely on or trusted tech support resources, they may not be the best solution.
- Detailed Testimonials
- The best website developers and creative agencies are excited to share client testimonials with the world. Read them! REAL testimonials will reveal a lot of great information about what you can expect from that team.
- If you can’t find any reviews or testimonials, OR all of the testimonials seem generic, they may not have the experience you’re looking for to create a successful website.
- A Team or Network of Experts
- Many creative agencies and website developers work with a trusted network of experts and contractors that can help them take client projects to the next level. Look for developers and agencies that promote their trusted partners and have added capabilities because of those connections.
- If a developer is trying to do it all themselves and doesn’t have a team of creative experts and trusted contractors, they may not be able to help you achieve your goals in the most efficient and effective way.
not sure if hiring a creative agency or website developer is right for you?
Here at Pursu we believe in supporting our clients success from start to success. We are not a one-and-done agency, we’re here to be your strategic partner for continued growth and success. When you hire an agency like ours, we not only build you an amazing, functional website, but we help you set a strong foundation for your business one you can rely on to help you achieve your goals.
We’ve created a team of experts to help businesses from design to strategy, websites to marketing, and everything in between. Get in touch and let us know how we can help you build the business of your dreams!